Robotic Surgery expert
The use of robotics takes minimally invasive techniques into a new era, further minimizing the physical and emotional impact of surgery on patients. Robotically assisted MIS represents a third generation of surgery, one which builds upon the advances to open surgery introduced by MIS. Robotic technology takes surgery beyond the limits of the human hand, introducing precise, versatile instrument movement combined with three-dimensional visualization of the operative site
Benefits of Robotic Surgery... For the Surgeon
- Magnified 3D visualization for optimum viewing within the operative site
- Increased precision, control and range of motion of micro-instruments
- Tremor filtration
- Improved access to and manipulation of organs, tissues and nerves
Benefits of Robotic Surgery... For the Patient
- Shorter hospitalization
- Potentially reduced pain
- Faster recovery times
- Smaller incisions, resulting in reduced risk of infection, less blood loss and minimal scarring
- Patients resume normal activities sooner .
On the left is Dr. Camran Nezhat performing videolaparoscopy, circa 1980, and a few years later in the early 1980s.
Please email us at if you would like to receive additional medical articles about Robotic Surgery.
New Patient? Returning Patient? Just have a few questions?
We are here to help
We always welcome new or returning patients. If you’d like to make an appointment, or just have a few questions, we welcome your calls, emails, Twitters, or Facebook messages. Our office and phone lines are open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. For new patients, prior to your appointment you are welcome to download & complete
the "Patient History Form", located in the Patient Forms section.